2012年10月15日月曜日

My favorite poem by 石川啄木 (Ishikawa Takuboku)

何がなしに 頭のなかに崖ありて 日毎に土のくづるるごとし ー石川啄木

Eng. Trans.

I feel like
There is a cliff inside my head and
Everyday, land sliding down from it

-Ishikawa Takuboku

This poem represents how I sometimes feel about myself, continuing to think, think, think but end up running into a corner, where I can't find a resolution anymore. I don't have this feeling right now, but when I first read it, I thought Takuboku had described the feeling so realistically, that I felt it is what was exactly happening in my mind at that time. I enjoy reading poems when I find verses that describes what I thought was indescribable being successfully put into words. I feel that poems might be the easiest form for me to describe my own feelings as well.



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿